When you hear the word art, what image pops into your mind? For most of us, we think of a landscape or portrait. In other words, we often use the word art and painting interchangeably. Of course, art can involve an array of media, such as sculptures, sketches, and so forth. One of the most fascinating varieties of art is wall art. We can even break down this general category of art, into sub-categories. If you are considering adding wall art to the walls of any room, then consider these primary types:
- Wall grilles – Historically, people have used grilles as an added safeguard for windows and doors. However, wall grilles function strictly for decoration. Some grilles are a blast from the past, resembling styles during eras such as the Baroque or Renaissance period. Meanwhile, other grilles have a more contemporary flair. There are big grilles, small grilles, round grilles, and tall grilles.
- Wall wine rack – You can use these attractive pieces with or without wine bottles! Select a wine rack for one bottle, or one for multiple bottles. Choose a style that is basically symmetrical, or one that is more ornate. Regardless of whether you prefer red or white wine, use this type of decorative wall art to display your wine bottles in style!
- Wall vases – Vases should go on dining room tables and desks, right? With wall vases, the container relocates from the one flat surface, to another flat surface namely, the wall. Wall vases can spice up any wall, by themselves or stuffed with flowers and foliage. You can choose a vase (or pair) that celebrates an art form of the past, or one with a more sleek and contemporary look.
- Wall shelves – If you want a shelf with more versatility than a bookshelf, then consider a wall shelf. These shelves fit securely on a wall, and are available in a wide variety of styles. There are wall shelves from various eras, including ancient Greek and Roman, Renaissance, and Gothic. You can adorn these magnificent pieces with a candle, vase, photograph any knick-knack that you want to share with your visitors!
- Wall clocks – These clocks keep perfect time 24-7. Instead of selecting a dull digital clock, select a manual clock that not only tells you the time but also does it with style! These clocks are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. Some varieties of this decorative wall art have a modular appearance, while others are more ornate.
- Wall shadowboxes – The original shadowboxes are ones that the military gives to sailors, upon their leaving the ship or retiring from the military. A wall shadowbox is basically a narrow type of box that contains a picture or ornament in it. The 3-D component can add more depth to any wall in your home.
If you want to add wall decor to your walls, you have several options, including wooden wall art. Make sure to choose each item carefully, to ensure that you room has wall-to-wall appeal!